Our collaboration is designed to inspire a passion for the arts within communities through an exciting outreach programme. Activity helps new audiences to discover the magic of opera by making it accessible and relevant to their lives. Through projects, performances and talks, we strive to encourage participation in culture and education amongst people of all ages and backgrounds. We aim to give young people a long term passion for music and theatre, and develop future generations of students, artists and audiences. Our broad programme includes:
- Student placements in Opera North Education to participate in projects with primary schools.
- A workshop for eighteen students from the National Academy for Gifted and Talented Youth in April 07. University students worked alongside a professional designer, opera singer and pianist from Opera North to explore with NAGTY students how professional artists bring together music, performance and design to create opera. 100% of students rated the project good, very good or excellent.
- An Opera North Ambassadors Scheme: TONAL (The Opera North Ambassadors Link), has been in existence since 2005 and by now comprises 20 Ambassadors.
- University events for Opera North youth group (OPUS)
- Artists from Opera North and University students developing and delivering workshops in Leeds primary schools over three years.